Saturday 11 July 2009

The New Horse - Rehabilitated.


Look at these two sweet identical beasts!

William has become a complete new horse compared with when we got him. It has been amazing working with him and seeing him progress he has learn his job and knows what we want from him. He has become brave and loving and has grown a tremendous amount of trust in me.

He has had just over a weeks holiday, so today I lunged him and I was ready to accept for him to not be perfect, however he was more than perfect :) I lunged him in a saddle and with side reins..he looked like a proper horse, rounded as well instead of being in the horrible hollow shape. He is starting to manage to hold himself in a rounded shape in trot as well now :)

Towards the end of the session I pulled down the stirrups so they could bang around on his sides. He didn't take any notice of them in both walk a trot, which was very pleasing to see.

The decision is that I will be riding him by the end of July, how exciting :)

I took him down to the yard and got the steps out so I could lean my weight over the saddle and pat around his sides where my legs will be in time to come. I stood up above him and made lots of movements, but no matter what I did he didn't even bat an eyelid. Hopefully this means that he will be a good boy when I come to get on him!

Also he ate an apple for the first time today! That is a major break-through and show that he is now basically fully rehabilitated into a super new horse :) I must say that he made interesting work when eating the apple, he used to just sniff then and walk a way but today he attempted to eat it. It took him a while to work out the best way to do so. pahaa, bless him :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment