Saturday 25 July 2009

He's Broken in :D


Today was the day, the day that I finally got on William. After 5 months of living out, becoming a horse, lunging, longreining, de-spooking and generally building up trust we've got there.

He was such a star!

He didn't care, he was chilled and by the end of it I was walking round on him on the lunge practacing some basic aids. He is very good at listening to me so now I'll have to start backing up my voice with aids from my leg too but I think it will all come quite quickly seeing as he is soo chilled. He is a new chilllaxed hosss! lol.
He was so sweet to be on, feels like a big pony. Suprisingly he held himself quite nicely when I got on him as well as I was expecting him to be very up and stiff but instead he was stretching his back out and was extremely relaxed, which was perfect :)

I love him so much, and he has proved to me that he has really buitl up trust in me :)
I am going away until thursday so he will just be lunged to keep up his stamina and give his brain a rest after that big step up, so he is prepared for some more riding when I return!

I can't wait to start to see his true potential and what he is going to be like, it's all so exciting, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment