Sunday 21 June 2009

Long Reining :)

Cheeky little William did really well on the lunge with me today, only a little unwilling to return to walk sometimes...amazing how things have changed from when he couldn't trot round to now when he will go round and round with me just standing there :)

So todays sessions was focused a lot on transitions and getting him to listen to me more again instead of singing along in his little brain as if he is out on a day trip! lol
He was doing really well, and he is a lot softer and more relaxed and happy to round instead of fighting the side reins, which is a big improvement.

Hence why we thought that it would be a good time to introduce William to the long reins. It went down interestingly...the poor boy had no idea what it was touching his back legs so he ran, and ran trying to escape it as it was quite blatantly going to kill him. ahh dear.
Eventually he chilled out I I managed to lunge him using them with the outside one across his back legs and he wasn't running.
Then it progressed to me long reining him :) He was rather good at it I must say!

Overall I am very very pleased with him, and today has been a massive step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment